Tuesday, August 6, 2013

OPI: San Francisco Collection Fall/Winter 2013: Swatches and Review

Here they are in all their "San Francisco" glory! 15 polishes...are you ready?












OPI "A-Piers To Be Tan"
I shore do like this chocolaty tan.
2 coats no top coat
















This is more of a peanut buttery tan to me.  It was super smooth easy to apply. I think it looks good against my skin-tone, but this is not a color I wear often enough to LOVE IT.  I may keep it for nail art.

OPI "Dining Al Frisco"
Just feast your eyes on this fresh-air blue!
2 coats, no top coat















The perfect sky blue frost. Very pretty, and smooth and the brush strokes almost disappear. I love how bright this looks, great for brighten up those gloomy fall days.

OPI "Haven't The Foggiest"
Can’t tell you why I love this misty gray...I just do!
2 coats, no top coat















Oh this is a beaut! Mirrored smoke grey metallic is gorgeous, with added silver shimmer. Goes on well in two coats, perfect for a night out on the town.  Dries smooth, no issues.

Here is a pic in "indirect" lighting so you can see, the different levels of metallic shimmer.














OPI "Peace & Love & OPI"
This holographic sage and eggplant is far out!
2 coats, no top coat















Not quite "holographic", more like DUO-CHROME! This is a "shifter" ladies, and it goes from shimmery eggplant, to silver to sage green. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Check out "the flash" in "indirect" lighting...









OPI "Keeping Suzi At Bay"
There’s no holding back this assertive navy blue.
2 coats, no top coat















I don't consider this navy, more like a deep royal blue. No matter, it's a blue creme that goes on perfectly in two coats. Do I need another blue creme?...probably now...do I WANT another blue creme?....HECK YES, and so do YOU! :)

OPI "Incognito In Sausalito"
You better keep this almost-black blue under wraps.
2 coats, no top coat















Now this is NAVY. It's so deep that it's not quite black, and still looks blue. LOVE!  And this looks so good all by itself, smooth and deep!  I know I'll be wearing this color for a long time!

OPI "First Date At The Golden Gate"
You and me and this shimmery ruby make three.
2 coats, no top coat















Not sure where the "shimmery" part is, but this is a gorgeous orange based ruby red creme. The reason I say orange is because it is NOT a blue based red, it's a bit brighter and sunnier, like the bridge itself. :)

OPI "I Knead Sour-Dough"
Are you bready to wear this toasty warm brown?
2 coats, no top coat















This rose tinted mocha shimmer is FABU! It is so pretty and it stunning in person! Easy to apply, and even easier to wear.

OPI "Muir Muir On The Wall"
This trailblazing plum is the fairest of all.
2 coats, no top coat















This is a deep rich red wine shimmer.Applied well in two coats, no issues.   I feel like this may be a warmer red version of  Every Month Is Oktoberfest". The shimmer does seem a bit more muted than Oktoberfest, but still gorgeous! This is exactly the type of deep color, gals like to spot in the fall :)

OPI "In The Cable Car-Pool Lane"
Good golly, Miss Trolley, this rich burgundy takes me away!
3 coats, no top coat















Beautiful burgundy creme. Nothing new about this color, but it is still pretty.  I did need 3 coats to cover up some bald spots on my nails, that I noticed once I stepped outside.

OPI "Embarca-Dare Ya!"
Betcha can’t pass up this marvelous magenta.
2 coats, no top coat















Beautiful magenta shimmer. Brighter than I was expecting, and the shimmer is really nice. Applied well in two coats, no issues. I do feel like we have seen this kind of color before, so I don't think this offers anything new, other than the awesome OPI formula. :)

OPI "Lost On Lombard"
Oh garn-et! I’m all turned around!
2 coats, no top coat















This is a bright cherry garnet. Usually when we see "garnets" we see a much deeper red, but there are garnets that are brighter, and this is one of them. I prefer the deeper red for fall, and this on delivers exactly the depth I'm looking for :)

Now for the liquid sands...

OPI Liquid Sand "It's All San Andreas's Fault"
I’d move mountains to get this textured earthy taupe!
2 coats,  no top coat. 20 minutes dry time.



























This is a taupe creme with a liquid sand texture.  These apply very well to the nail, it goes on like the average OPI color, and slowly as it dries it develops the sand texture. The first coat is usually thin, but the second coat covers with no problems :)

OPI "Wharf! Wharf! Wharf!"
Dog-gone it...fetch me that textured matte blue!
2 coats, no top coat.  20 minutes dry time.















The name makes me think of a dog barking...just sayin.  This is a bright blue liquid sand creme. I love it!

Now for my FAVORITE!!!!

OPI "Alcatraz ...Rocks"
There’s no escaping this arresting textured gray.
2 coats, no top coat. 20 minutes dry time.
















Freaking amazing! I love the name, I love the polish, it's awesome!  I was so peeved that I nicked my index finger at the last minute and had to do a quick swipe to cover it. It wasn't dry enough for the shot, because I was losing "sun", LOL! :)

This sparkles like, no other liquid sand. This is a liquid sand with a blue base with a mix of purple, gold, silver,and even a little magenta. LOVE!


















Overall, I found  OPI "Alcatraz...Rocks",OPI "Dining Al Frisco", and OPI "Peace & Love & OPI", to be the most unique. I think you need at least, sic colors from the collection, if you have a crazy large collection, if not, you may need them all :)

San Francisco nail lacquer shades each feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application. Liquid Sand nail lacquers should always be worn without top coat. San Francisco by OPI will be available August 7, 2013, at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.com for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer. 

Keep It Sweet!

* Product provided by PR for review. 
Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

muir muir on the wall is my fav ! and i like the liquid sand !