Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Nicole by OPI Gumdrops: Swatches and review

I have something sweet for you...Gumdrops!













Yep, nail gals can't get enough of the sweet textured polish trend, and Nicole by OPI is giving us more to love!

Nicole by OPI
"I Lilac Gumdrops"
3 coats, no top coat.















Yummy lavender gumdrop!  This is a great color, but needed 3 coats for opacity, and since you do not apply top coat, these took a while to fully dry.  The best way to enjoy this color, is to layer it over your favorite lavender creme.

Nicole by OPI
"My Cherry Amour"
2 coats, no top coat.
















Holler for Holo! I love this deep cherry gumdrop, and the added holographic glitter makes it extra special.  Easy application, no issues.

Nicole by OPI
"Blue-Berry Sweet On You"
2 coats, no top coat















This is a keeper! My Favorite! I used this in my prior post for a gradient, love, love, love! Applied well, no issues, and the color is a gorgeous periwinkle blue!

Nicole by OPI
"A-Nise Treat"
2 coats, no top coat















Deep, and gorgeous! Black licorice gumdrop, not my favorite candy, but on the nails...it's sweet enough to eat! Applied, well no issues.

Nicole by OPI
"Candy Is Dandy"
3 coats, no top coat















Sticky sweet pink gumdrop with added multi-sized glitter. This required 3 coats, and at 3 coats, this did not dry quickly. plus at 3 coats, with the added glitter, it was a bit "goopy" on the nail. Not my favorite.

Nicole by OPI
"Cinna-Man of My Dreams"
2 coats, no top coat
















Oh Yeah! Warmed pink cinnamon! This is a very unique color, I can see myself wearing this one again. Applied nicely, and due to the pink undertones, it will go nicely with many varying skin tones.

Overall, I like this collection, some of them are shades and textures we've already seen, but the stand outs for me are "Cinna-Man of My Dreams"  and "Blue-Berry Sweet On You".

Nicole by OPI Gumdrops nail lacquers should always be worn without top coat to achieve the unique textured matte finish.

Nicole by OPI formulas are long-lasting, fast-drying, and salon-quality.  This limited edition collection will be available beginning May 2013 for $7.99 each at retailers including select Walmart (May 2013), CVS (June 2013), Rite Aid, Kmart, Kroger, Ulta, H-E-B, and Duane Reade locations (August 2013), In Canada, these shades will be available for $10.99 each at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart Canada (July 2013), Jean Coutu, Loblaw, andLondon Drug (August 2013).
For more information, visit nicolebyopi.com. Follow Nicole by OPIon Twitter @NicoleByOPI and become a Facebook fan!

*Product sent by PR for review

Pin It!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love them all! I can't wait to try them.

The Kracked Kat

Elin the Cupcake Cat said...

So many I would like to try!!

Lacquer Lane {The Blog} said...

Ohhhhhh Jacquese these are super awesome.....A-Nise Treat and Cinna-Man of My Dreams look awesome.....but id never say no to all of them lol

Hugz Kellie

Unknown said...

I picked mine up at CVS on Friday. Even though I am not in Canada, I'm on the hunt for the Shoppers Drug Mart exclusives!!! I hope to find them local. Your swatches are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.