Friday, January 18, 2013

China Glaze Cirque de Soleil Worlds Away: Selected Swatches

Hello all my sugar sweet, high flyin friends!

Today I want to share my swatches of my picks from the Cirque de Soleil Worlds Away Collection from China Glaze in Fall 2012.


















First Up...

"It's A Trapeze"
3 coats, no top coat



























Love this glitter! A grey-ish white base with multi-colored and sized glitter. It's a circus in a bottle! Applied great and I probably could have probably gotten away with 2 coat, but I need 3 to make sure the visible nail line was gone. Dried great and it wasn't that bumpy once it dried.  Good job China Glaze.

"Escaping  Reality"
3 coats, top coat on the 2 nails on the right.



























Indoors with a flash.














Great bubblegum neon pink, and much easier to apply than most neon's, even if I had to use 3 coats to cover up bald spots.  I also loved how this polish dried with a "rubber-like" finish, very "Illamasqua" of them. I like polishes that try with a rubber-like finish. Reminds me of the Orly Plastix Collection.

"Def Defying"
2 coats, no top coat



























I love this green, way better than the Shrek OPI's in my opinion. This is a lovely lime green creme. Easy to apply, dried easily. Love this color!

"Running In Circles"
2 coats, no top coat



























Amazing! Perfect green shimmer. If you love greens and bling, this is your polish. Not gritty, easy to apply, and dried well. This is a winner. Perfect for Spring. :)

"Hanging In The Balance"
2 coats, no top coat



























I do love my blues! Bright blue creme, dried with a nice shine, no application issues. It's true this color is not very unique, but it's still a keeper. :)

"Water You Waiting For"
2 coats, with top coat



























Gorgeous, but a bit thick, so I added thinner which helped A LOT! Much easier after I dropped 5 drops of thinner in it.  This glitter has blue, green and purple glitter.  It actually reminds me of a polish I "frankened" a couple years ago...so of course I love it. My version is darker, here it is "Partyman".

After 1 thick coat of top coat this was perfectly smooth.

"Creative Fantasy"
3 coats, top coat on the 2 nails on the right.



























I wanted to love this purple and I think I still do, but it gave me so much TROUBLE in application.  It was runny, pooled around my cuticle area, gave me bald spots and was tough to dry. I hope it was just my bottle.

Uggh, but look at how gorgeous this color is?  Basically, this is a great purple neon creme, just be prepared to fight for it.  

Here it is indoors with a flash.














"Bend Over Backwards"
2 coats, no top coat



























Odd. It reminds me of chili peppers, which is exactly how China Glaze describes it. It is a red-orange shimmer. This color did not wow me. That's all.

"Igniting Love"
2 coats, no top coat



























Scalding hot red creme. It's pretty and a definite keeper, but not a unique color. Applied easy and dried nicely with a nice shine.

"Get Carried Away"
2 coats, no top coat



























I didn't want to like this but I kind of do, LOL. Okay ...I do not see this working over any type of color, because the base is too "tinted", but on it's own it may work. Who knows.

I think it may be more opaque in 3 coats, but I think 3 cats would be too thick, and take a long time to dry. It reminds me of fishnet stockings, LOL.   This black and red glitter in a black jelly tinted base is neat, but I don't see myself using this ever again.

Overall, I love the bright neon's and the "rubber-like" texture of some of them and I love "It's A Trapeze".  This collection took some chances, so worked and some did not. I think the must  have are "It's a Trapeze" and the brights.

Keep It Sweet and Happy Friday!

*Some products were provided by PR.


Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this collection. Pretty swatches.

Lea Anne said...

Thanks for doing these swatches, love some of these colors so much!