Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"Changing of the Garnet" meets "Color Changing Garnet"

Hello, today I have 2 very different colors with 2 very similar names.










"Changing of the Garnet" and "Color Changing Garnet"...yeah, say that 10 times fast! :)











































Here I started with 2 coats of OPI "Changing of the Garnet" and topped it with 2 coats of Ninja Polish "Color Changing Garnet", neat effect isn't it! :)



Bottle Shot














Bottle Shot

























OPI "Changing of the Garnet" is from their 2002 European Collection. It is a gorgeous deep red shimmer with ultra fine golden shimmer.  Very pretty in person, but requires 2 or more coats to become opaque because it is an "older formula" and much thinner than the usual OPI :)

Bottle Shot














Bottle Shot














Ninja Polish "Color Changing Garnet" is from their "Facets Collection". This is a color shifting top coat and changes colors from red, to gold, to green, and even hot pink, and is best over any darker color! I've seen this layered black the most, but I thought I would switch things up a bit. :P

The glitter in this is red and switches to gold, green, and warm copper and keeps changing with ever movement of the bottle, and of the nail.  It also was easy to apply and dried perfectly smooth, no top coat issues here :)

Together these 2 colors make MAGIC!!!








































Love, love, love it!!!








































I know you guys are killing me, because neither of these 2 colors are easy to find now, but you have to admit, together they are pretty spectacular, right?














Keep It Sweet!
Pin It!

6 comments:

Anna's Polish Addiction said...

Love the colour shift :)

beachgal said...

Fun color shift in the Ninja one. Not sure it's the best shade for me - those that turn that funny green/gold with a red in them are not my best shades when put altogether. I sure do remember OPI Changing of the Garnet. I wore that as a fav shade for yrs. I still have at least 1 bottle of it.

Tuli from PrettifyourNails said...

Hard to decide but my vote goes for Ninja Polish, is just amazing!
Tuli
prettifyurnails.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

These two make a gorgeous combination together! I'm loving it.

Unknown said...

Ahhh omg I love this! They're both beautiful - I want them both!

Unknown said...

This is really cool and I promise I almost got dizzy from the similar names and the effects lol.