Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I had a dream...

...that some day......No, no, no, nothing that deep. :)

I seriously went to bed thinking about 2 polishes that I would love to own, but do not have the talent nor the  resources to make, LOL!

So when I woke up, I emailed my friend Amy of Nail-Venturous Lacquers and asked her to make 2 polishes based on my descriptions.  She totally rocked it, and here they are!














First, I asked for a purple with red, gold, and purple glitter and I wanted it called "Little Red Corvette" ala Prince. O(+>

"Little Red Corvette"
2 coats, no top coat








































See... I could have easily had her make a red based polish and named it this, but I was thinking more of the video, than the literal name of the song. :)  The video was purple based, and had lots of bright lights and flashes of red, that's what I was going for!

LOVE IT!!!!




















Here's the video in case you forgot what it looks like :) *swoon*










































Next up was a polish for my beloved and dear Alma Mater UCLA, University of California Los Angeles :)

I wanted a polish I could wear over yellow, blue, or white that screamed the traditional UCLA colors.  I requested this one to be "Floam like", ala her famous "Floam" nail polish, nothing too flashy, just something that says "Bruin Pride"!

"Bruin 4 Life"
2 coats, no top coat






























On the index finger I did 1 coat of OPI "What's with the Cattitude?" and  1 coat of "Bruin 4 Life".  On the other nails I just did 2 coats of "B4L" :)

















This is the perfect blue, yellow and white non-shiny glitter, Bruin approved.



















See what a difference the blue base coat makes? It's amazing how the colors do not look "greenish", and the blue and yellow POP!!!

That's what I was going for! Next time I'll do 2 coats of "B4L" over a blue, and it will be awesome!

Thank You Amy for making my Prince and Bruin dreams come true! :)

Keep it Sweet!


Pin It!

8 comments:

Anita Angel said...

Great post!

Lusty For Lacquer said...

Great ideas come to life. I'm really liking Bruin 4 Life.

Dante said...

That Little Red Corvette is amazing.

Nanabeams said...

oh these look so pretty!

Unknown said...

Little Red Corvette is amazing, I hope somehow more bottle of it come to fruition!

jazzqueen64 said...

Both gorgeous polish in their own right, I particularly love the 2nd one over the blue, gorgeous!!

Refined and Polished said...

Now you know you just need to go ahead and send me Little Red Corvette! Love!

Laurie said...

ahhhh a dream is born! congrats on 2 great polishes!