Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Revlon "Whimsical"

I wore this manicure sometime last month and hated it! I really wanted to love "Whimsical", I seriously had high hopes for it, but NOPE!!!

It was thick, the glitter was hard to place, it was thin and needed a base color, overall disaster, so here it is in all of it's disastrous glory..LOL!

Revlon "Whimsical"
2 "sorta" coats over 2 coats of Revlon "Blue Lagoon"





























I don't know if it was the "Whimsical" to blame or the "Blue Lagoon", or a combination of the two, but this manicure would not dry....so I took my un-happy butt to bed and woke up to THIS....














BUBBLES!!!!!!!! YUCK! I know what you are thinking, "they sorta blend in with the glitter, so it's not that bad?" :P...nope it's still bad!



























The color is pretty, and I love the glitter in the bottle, but working with this glitter polish was a nightmare. Not worth the effort in my opinion.

Needless to say I took this off the next day! :)

Pin It!

10 comments:

AllThingsNails! said...

Perfect combo, especially since they're both Revlons. Can't wait to try my Whimsical out.

Unknown said...

@Allthingsnails!- I hope you have better luck than I did, can't wait to see your pics :)

Olivia said...

I have Blue Lagoon and it always gives me drying problems and bubbles. :/ It's a pretty combo though!

Unknown said...

@OliviaNobody- Ah ha! So BL is the culprit...mystery solved! LOL!!!!!

KarenD said...

Yeah, Blue Lagoon is a tricky bugger. Whimsical is sheer, true, but it's got to be since the Lippmann it's copying is. :)

Megan Harmeyer said...

One word: jealous! Good call to put that over Blue Lagoon but too bad about the drying issues.

April K said...

i have whimsical as well and i think it needs more glitter. i played with it a little bit and on some nails i didn't even have glitter. i think ill try it with a base of white or even a baby pink.

Trista said...

I hated Whimsical...and Blue Lagoon is pretty in the bottle and it should stay that way lol. I love what Revlon is doing with colours lately but their polishes need to knock it off with the bubbles!

Marisa said...

I'm so in love with this polish!

Em said...

I did the exact same thing, Blue Lagoon then Whimsical. And on 8 our of 10 nails, I got the little bubbles too. I'm pretty sure it's Blue Lagoon and the shimmer in it thats doing the damage and not working well with Whimsical. I guess we'll see how Whimsical does over other colors, right?