Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Zoya: True Collection Spring 2012: Swatches and Review



"TRUE, HONESTLY, BEAUTIFUL COLOR

A fresh bloom of dewy color. Inspired by the runway looks of top designers

this collection features slightly muted and unexpected spring shades in six easy to wear,

full-coverage creams and metallics."














Today I have swatches of the True Collection from Zoya. 


First Up...














"Cho"
Full coverage, vanilla shimmer metallic
2 coats




























Me no likey! LOL!!! It's a nice, yellow based nude shimmer. The color is very original, I have nothing like it, but it's not my kind of color.  No application issues.


"Farah"
Full coverage, latte beige cream
2 coats

































A very "mannequin like" color.  This nude creme, is the perfect shade for when you want to  have a "palette cleanser"moment.  After all the holiday glitters and winter nudes, this color is a refreshing change. Wear it and re-boot!!! Great application for a nude!

"Bevin"
Full coverage, pale sage green cream
2 coats


































Wow! This one is gorgeous! Seriously, this antique dusty green creme, is the BOMB!!!! Oh yeah... I have a new favorite green ya'll...ain't she pretty!!!!! So smooth and perfect, it went on like buttah!
















"Skylar"
Full coverage, silvered slate blue metallic 
2 coats

































I'm on the fence about this one. It was easy to apply, so that is a plus!


On one hand, it's blue, so I automatically love it, but the shimmer in this seems a bit...... much.  I would have preferred a hidden shimmer in this one, or a hidden glitter, like the following 2 colors. Know what I mean?


 It's still gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but I wanted this one to be so much more. But it's a blue, so you gotta love it! :)

"Tru"
Full coverage, gilded purple orchid metallic
2 coats































A very pretty "grape kool-aid" colored purple creme with hidden golden pink glitter.  It reminds me of other grape colored cremes, but with the pop of golden pink glitter, it stands out from the crowd. I love hidden glitter!  The formula was a bit goopy for me, difficult to apply the 2nd coat with out getting bumps from the first coat. :(




"Lotus"
Full coverage, light lotus purple metallic
 2 coats






















I love this color! I love polishes with hidden shimmer, or in this case glitter, and even more so when the base is mystical and smoky! :) This dusty lilac is a Win Win! Applied nicely, no issues!




Overall this collection is not disappointing and exactly the type of spring colors needed after all the dark winter colors, and holiday glitters.  However, the fact that the first 2 colors are so close, almost seems repetitive for Zoya, and I am surprised that they released such similar colors together. 


My favorites are Bevin, Skylar and Lotus!



Zoya is the new color of fashion...
Ultra long-wearing, glossy nail lacquers by Zoya are free of harmful industrial chemicals like toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, resin, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) that are known to cause cancer and birth defects.

Sug. Retail $8.00 per 0.5 fl.oz. bottle (US) Available January 13, 2012
Find Zoya TRUE as well as over 300 other ultra high-fashion Zoya shades at www.zoya.com. As always, each and every Zoya color is made for women so we name them after women.


*Info. provided by Zoya PR.


Pin It!

5 comments:

Shannara said...

love the ones with the shimmer

greeneyespinknails said...

Wow, this collection looks promising! I already love Cho, Bevin and Skylar! Such a shame Zoya isn't sold in my country! Thanks for the swatches

hollysagemini said...

Bevin looks AMAZING on you...Im tempted!!

♥beauxs mom said...

the last two purple ones are calling out to me.

Biba said...

This collection is gorgeous! I love it!