Monday, June 20, 2011

UCLA Manicure

I spent the day on Saturday with my niece at UCLA.  She wanted to see the campus and she knew I was more than willing to take her. :)

I was going to do a french manicure in the blue and yellow colors of my Alma mater, but my manicure took too long to dry so I opted to do something else.




























Here is what I used:

Base: 3 coats of Sephora by OPI "Havana Dreams"
Yellow Dots: China Glaze "Happy Go Lucky" and "Lemon Fizz"
Blue Dots:  OPI "Absolutely Alice"
Top Coat: OPI Top Coat and Seche Vite.














The SOPI, was streaky and difficult and required 3 coats and took forever to dry.  The dots were issue and I had no issues there.  I used 3 different sized dotting tools, because i want the dots to be different in circumference.  I always strive to put y dots in a nice pattern, but it never works out for me, thus I always end up doing random dots :)


Of course I was a dork and forgot my camera, so I can't show you any wonderful shots of my niece and I at the Bruin Bear, I had to wait and take these shots once I got home , I'm such a dork..LOL!















Just imagine that the 2 people you see lounging by the fountain are my and my niece..LOL :)















But here is a pic of "A" Bear......














I won some fimo canes in a giveaway and I've been dieing to use the bear..LOL, it look kinda out of place, but I loved it!
Pin It!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

hah yes i can see the both of you at the fountain and you guys are sooo happy!! heh, cute mani!

Unknown said...

What a relaxing momment :)

Very nice mani, I love the random size dots and the different texture Absolutely Alice gave against the solid cream dots :)

Rory said...

Such pretty colors! UCLA really does have some of the best school colors I've seen. I really wanted the SOPI color, but I'm not sure if I have the patience for it. :(

A Polished Touch said...

The fountain must have been lovely. ;) What a cute mani!

kate said...

nice mani. the fountain looks like a nice place to just hang about.

:)

Unknown said...

Your school colors are so similar to mine!! Ours are royal blue and gold. I love your manicure btw.

mrsrexy said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

This one's so pretty! I love it!

Gottwinkies said...

Cute mani, I love how the blue dots almost looks sponged on-nice effect to dot with a glitter polish!

Steffie said...

I love Polka Dots and those are some great dots. The combo is fresh and summery.

Toyomi said...

This is so fresh ! I like the summer feel to it .

Unknown said...

Thank You everybody, I agree the colors are perfect for summer and "Absolutely Alice" did come out pretty cool..LOL!

Shadow said...

wow love the colors together! Absolutely alice is my favorite glitter

ABOP Laquerlove said...

I love the multi-color and multi-size combination!